How to Purchase Tax-free Alcohol (100% Ethanol)
Tax-free alcohol is restricted from a regular department order. You must be authorized to purchase 100%/200 proof Ethanol.
- Have your PI send an email with “Tax Free Alcohol Authorization” in the subject line to the Purchasing Coordinator (email@example.com) stating that you (name) are being authorized to purchase 100% ethanol for the lab.
- The request will be processed internally and by UCSD Storehouse (STORE).
- STORE will send you an email confirmation once your authorization has been entered into their application.
- Please contact STORE if you do not receive a confirmation within 2 weeks.
- Orders are placed through Marketplace where every alcohol purchase is checked against the authorized custodian list in the STORE application. Only if you are listed will your purchase request turn into a purchase order.
STORE through Marketplace provides i.a. the following pre-packaged alcohol options:
- 200 Proof, 6x 1 pint bottle – part # 0109
- 200 Proof, 4x 1 gallon bottle – part # 0110
For safety reasons, buying alcohol in 5gal drums is discouraged. Select smaller volumes to avoid ergonomic issues and the need for Bonding and Grounding. It will also save you a few pennies.
Cost of buying ethanol: 5gal vs 5x1gal
|Marketplace Part #
To have pre-packaged alcohol delivered, place your order with STORE through Marketplace.
- Your order will be delivered within three days of receipt
- An alcohol custodian must be present to sign at the time of delivery