The Division of Biological Sciences hires readers, title code 2850, as needed. Typical duties include grading, proctoring exams, or serving as a scribe for an exam. Dates and duration of assignments will vary.
At this time, the division only actively recruits graduate students as readers. Eligible graduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of six units during the quarter of service.
- A Division of Biological Sciences’ payroll specialist will contact you by email if you must attend an employee sign-up session.
- Graduate students employed in the Graduate Student Reader title code 2850 are covered by a collective bargaining agreement between UC San Diego and the ASE/UAW.
- Readers are paid biweekly and must submit timesheets. A payroll specialist will provide information on pay dates and timesheet submission.
- Names and addresses of all ASEs are released to the UAW as a condition of employment in title code 2850.
- ASE/UAW membership dues or agency fees (for those who choose not to become ASE/UAW members) will be deducted from the paycheck.
- See the Graduate Division website for additional information concerning Academic Student Employment (ASE).