2014 UCSD-Salk Retreat
Sunday, Sept 28 - Tuesday, Sept 30
The annual retreat in Lake Arrowhead brings together the UC San Diego Division of Biological Sciences and the Salk Institute researchers, faculty, and grad students to share their work and foster a sense of community.
Retreat Schedule (PDF)
Registration is now closed.
Contact Jennifer Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask to be put on the waiting list in case there are cancellations.
Attendance is limited, so no family members can be accommodated.
No smoking or use of any tobacco product is allowed at the Conference Center.
The conference center will provide lunch and dinner on Sunday, all meals on Monday, and breakfast on Tuesday, as well as a cocktail hour each evening.
The deadline for retreat registration cancellation with a refund is: August 15, 2014
If you cancel after this date, you or your PI may be charged the full amount.
Posters and Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline: September 14, 2014
Late abstract submissions will not be eligible for poster judging and will not be included in the abstract book. Find out more about abstract guidelines and the poster session.
- Emily Troemel, Chair (Section of Cell and Developmental Biology)
- Scott Rifkin (Section of Ecology, Behavior, and Evolution)
- Jose Pruneda-Paz (Section of Cell and Developmental Biology)
- Jens Lykke-Andersen (Section of Molecular Biology)
- Brenda Bloodgood (Section of Neurobiology)
- Axel Nimmerjahn (Salk Institute)
- Jennifer Roth (staff)
- Tom Tomp (staff)
- Cathy Pugh (staff)
- Arjana Pradhan (student representative)
- Keir Balla (student representative)
- Alexandra Bortnick (postdoc representative)
Keynote Speaker: Kelsey Martin (UCLA)
- Senyon Choe (Salk)
- Janelle Ayres (Salk)
- Kenta Asahina (Salk)
- Rick Firtel (CBD)
- Alisa Huffaker (CDB)
- Eric Schmelz (CDB)
- Takaki Komiyama (Neuro)
- Yimin Zou (Neuro)
- Elina Zuniga (MB)
- Stephen Mayfield (MB)
- Kees Murre (MB)
- Carolyn Kurle (EBE)
- Justin Meyer (EBE)
- Sattar Taheri (MB)
- Jintao Liu (MB)
- Mark Brandon (Neuro)
- Edmund Hollis (Neuro)
- Heather Bell (EBE)
- Alexa Clemmons (CDB)--winner of the Award for Excellent in Graduate Research
- Spencer Diamond (MB)
- Anthony Phan (MB)
- Vanessa Mondol (MB)
- Shea Gillet (Neuro)
- Jon Hetzel (Salk)
Questions? Email Jennifer Roth at email@example.com